Videos by According2HipHop
On February 18, rap star A$AP Rocky was acquitted of all charges in his shooting trial. The “Fashion Killa” artist had been accused of firing several shots at his former friend and longtime bandmate A$AP Relli.
A$AP Relli Pursues Further Legal Action Against A$AP Rocky
However, even though Rocky was acquitted of all criminal charges, Relli is still in pursuit of justice. According to an October 14 report from Rolling Stone, he is prepared to move forward with his civil trial. And he has employed new lawyers ahead of the trial’s January 12 start date.
Relli’s new lawyers, Aaron Morris and Andrew Robertson, informed the court they’ve been “working diligently” in preparation for the civil trial.
However, the presiding Judge, William F. Fahey, suggested that both parties find a solution out of court and report back on December 10. About a month before the trial begins. If they are unable to reach an agreement, Judge Fahey will consider a mandatory settlement conference (MSC), a court-ordered meeting where the parties will attempt to settle their dispute before going to trial.
“Either you’re going to enjoy some success, or I’ll consider setting an MSC at that time,” Fahey said per the outlet. “We have a firm trial date about two months away. We’re going to try to settle this case.”
Rocky was facing major time behind bars. He was charged with firing a gun at his former friend and one-time bandmate. The entire debacle began after Relli became upset because he thought that he had not paid for a childhood friend’s funeral. That led to Relli believing that Rocky had changed up on the group, a group that he introduced the “Fashion Killa” artist to back when they were in high school.
However, Rocky’s attorney Joe Tacopina said that for Relli, the case was never about Justice.
“For Relli, it was never about justice … it’s about a man seeking a profit from a fabricated narrative,” Tacopina said. “Rocky has nothing to hide here.”










