According 2 Hip Hop
This site is operated by According 2 Hip Hop. “Operator” shall include According 2 Hip Hop and its divisions, subsidiaries, successors, parent companies, and their employees, partners, principals, agents and representatives (collectively, “Operator”).
Subscription, access and use of this website (the “According2hiphop.com Website”), and any subscription offered by Operator, including the subscription to the according2hiphop.com (whether paid or unpaid) is provided subject to these terms and conditions. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS USE OF THIS SITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST BE RESOLVED BY INDIVIDUAL BINDING ARBITRATION. PLEASE READ THE ARBITRATION PROVISION IN THESE TERMS AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS CONTRACT.
These terms may be modified from time to time without notice to you and posted to this website. You are responsible for checking these terms periodically for changes.
Your subscription and/or continued use of the According2hiphop.com website constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions (the “Agreement”).
- Use of Material on the according2hiphop.com Website: The information, artwork, text, video, audio, or photographs contained on the according2hiphop.com website are protected by copyright law. You may only access and use the Materials for personal or educational purposes. You may not modify or use the Materials for any other purpose without the Operator’s express written consent, or express written consent of the copyright owner. Except as provided below, you may not reproduce, republish, post, transmit, publicly perform, publicly display or distribute any Materials on the according2hiphop.com Website (collectively, “Materials”).
- Change of Materials: The Materials included on the according2hiphop.com website have been compiled from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice.
- Media Files: All media files on the according2hiphop.com Website are protected by copyright laws. You may not, under any circumstances, reproduce, record, publish, publicly exhibit, or distribute any media files made available for playback on the according2hiphop.com Website without obtaining the express written consent of the Operator or the copyright owner.
- Sites linked from the according2hiphop.com Website: The sites linked from the AmericanSongwriter.com website are not under Operator’s control, and Operator does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communications or materials available at such linked sites. Links on the according2hiphop.com website are not intended to be referrals or endorsements of the linked entities; they are provided for convenience only. You are solely responsible and liable for any interactions you may have with any such linked entities, their sponsors and other third parties, including but not limited to, the delivery or and payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such interactions. Operator shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such interactions.
- Framing of Linking to the according2hiphop.com Website: You may not link to or frame the according2hiphop.com website without obtaining the express written consent of Operator.
- Public Forums: “Forums” mean any chat area, poll, bulletin board, e-mail or other interactive function offered as a part of the accordinghiphop.com website. All information, advice, files, links, communications or other materials posted by you (“User-Supplied Materials”) to any Forum shall be your responsibility. You shall not post or transmit via any Forum any User Supplied Materials which infringe a third party’s rights, including without limitation any privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that are unlawful, untrue harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful (including but not limited to viruses, worms or similar software) or that is otherwise objectionable. You shall use the according2hiphop.com website for lawful purposes only. The Forums shall be used only in a noncommercial manner. You shall not, without Operator’s express approval, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation, promotion or advertising for goods or services.
- User-Supplied Material on Forum: By submitting User-Supplied Materials to any Forum or directly to the Operator, you grant, or warrant that the owner of any such User-Supplied Materials has expressly granted, to Operator a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, and distribute all such User-Supplied Materials and/or to incorporate such materials in other works in any form, media, technology now known or later developed and to sublicense any and all such rights to third parties.
- Removal of User-Supplied Materials: Operator shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to monitor and/or remove any User-Supplied Materials posted by you to the according2hiphop.com website deemed harmful or offensive in Operator’s sole discretion, or that otherwise violate these terms and conditions or any other terms and conditions which Operator may institute from time to time. Operator shall have no liability for the failure to receive or to remove any such materials.
- Operator Not Responsible for Forum: Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of Operator. Operator makes no representations or warranties regarding the Forums and neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, information, or statement made on or in connection with the according2hiphop.com website. It is your responsibility to evaluate or seek the advice of professionals to assist you in the evaluation of the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness or any Information provided in connection with or otherwise available on the according2hiphop.com website.
- Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and hold Operator harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to, or arising out of or related to any information you submit, post, transmit or make available through the according2hiphop.com website, your use of the according2hiphop.com Website, your internet connection to the according2hiphop.com website, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any law, regulation or third-party right.
- Disclaimers: The services, products, Materials, information, advise, or other data (collectively, “Information”) made available at the according2hiphop.com website are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, without warranties of any kind. Operator expressly disclaims any representations and warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The Operator shall have absolutely no liability whatsoever in connection with the Information including, without limitation, any liability for damage to your computer hardware, data, information, Materials and business resulting from the Information or the lack of information available on the according2hiphop.com website. Operator shall have no liability for: (a) Any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence, or for contingencies beyond its control, in procuring, compiling, or delivering the information; (b) Any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the Information regardless of how caused, or delays or interruptions in delivery of the Information; or (c) Any decision made or action take or not taken in reliance upon the Information furnished hereunder. Operator makes no warranty, representation or guarantee as to the content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the Information or that the Information may be relied upon for any reason. Operator makes no warranty, representation or guarantee that the Information will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects can be corrected.
- Limitation of Liability: In no event shall Operator be liable for any consequential, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or other damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of or relating to your use of, reliance on, or inability to use the according2hiphop.com website and/or the information or any part thereof, or from the use of the Internet generally, even if Operator has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, some of the above limitations may not apply to you, but they shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Copyright and Trademark Notice: Copyright According 2 Hip Hop and/or its licensors, all rights reserved. According 2 Hip Hop is the registered trademark of A2HH LLC.
- Copyright / Intellectual Property Policy. The according2hiphop.com website Copyright / Intellectual Property policy is strictly enforced. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior WRITTEN consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on according2hiphop.com website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the according2hiphop.com website; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Subscription: Some Operator and according2hiphop.com Website content may require a paid subscription to access. By signing up for a subscription, you agree that your subscription will be automatically renewed and, unless you cancel your renewal subscription, you authorize Operator to charge your payment method for the renewal term (Annual or Monthly). The period of auto-renewal will be the same as your initial subscription period unless otherwise disclosed to you at the time of sale. The renewal rate will be no more than the rate for the immediately prior subscription period, excluding any promotional and discount pricing, unless we notify you of a rate change prior to your auto-renewal. From time to time, we may offer a free trial subscription. If you register for a free trial subscription, we may begin to bill your account when the free trial subscription expires, unless you cancel your subscription before that time. For any transaction, you will have the opportunity to review and confirm your order, including delivery address (if applicable), payment method and service and product specifics. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order. Some situations that may result in your order being canceled. Membership and subscription fees are non-refundable, although you maintain the right to cancel any renewal subscription or renewal membership.
- Payments and Billing: When you provide payment information, you represent and warrant that the information is accurate, that you are authorized to use the payment method provided, and that you will notify us of changes to the payment information. We reserve the right to utilize third party payment process services to obtain current expiration dates on credit cards.
- Arbitration Exclusive Conflict Resolution: Any dispute, claim, or controversy (i.e., contractual, tort, and/or statutory) arising out of or relating to this according2hiphop.com, the print version of According 2 Hip Hop, this Agreement, any subscription or contest of According 2 Hip Hop, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, shall be determined EXCLUSIVELY by arbitration in Atlanta, Georgia before one arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by AAA. The prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney fees and arbitration fees. This Agreement and the rights of the parties hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, exclusive of conflict or choice of law rules.
- Other. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States to the country in which you reside. A printed version of these terms and conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in any arbitration proceeding based upon or relating to these terms and conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Operator. The failure of Operator to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Contests. By entering an According 2 Hip Hop Contest , you will be bound by these Terms & Conditions and you acknowledge that you satisfy all eligibility requirements. Eligibility. The Contest is open to any songwriter, artist, musician, and/or band from anywhere in the world. Employees of and independent contractors of According 2 Hip Hop and their immediate families or employees of sponsors are not eligible. By submitting, you are agreeing that you are not employed by or affiliated with any of the contest sponsors and that you have not received a W-2 or 1099 from A2HH LLC in the past two years. You represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) your entry to the Contest does not violate any applicable law or regulation. If you are under 18 years of age, however, you must have permission and clearance to enter the Contest from your parent or legal guardian. Prize(s) and Winner Selection Method. This Contest is a talent and skill-based business event. ALL entries will be first screened by multiple professional songwriters contracted by According 2 Hip Hop, in conjunction with employees of A2HH LLC. All contest entrants shall stay informed of the selection process via According2hiphop.com site updates and via the daily e-newsletter, The Daily Hop. Finalists will be selected from all songs entered and will be turned over to a group of top music industry professionals and accomplished songwriting peers who then narrow the finalists down to the Winners. The Winners will be notified via email and/or phone and all results will be posted on according2hiphop.com, According 2 Hip Hop social media platforms, and announced via The Daily Hop. If the chosen winners do not respond to According 2 Hip Hop’s notifications within seven (7) days, According 2 Hip Hop reserves the right to contact runner-ups for the receipt of prizes. International winners must pay any and all customs fees for delivery of prizes. Entrants who did are not official Winners will not receive individual notifications but will be notified via e-newsletter. Prize delivery of all prizes will be coordinated via email. If any prize is not fulfilled within 180 days of the official winner announcement, it is the responsibility of the winner to notify According 2 Hip Hop in writing. If the winner fails to notify According 2 Hip Hop of any outstanding prizes within 180 days, According 2 Hip Hop can no longer guarantee prize fulfillment.
How to Enter. You may enter the Contests via the entry method described below.
- On the Contests Landing Page, follow the entry form instructions.
Additional Terms. Sponsor, together with According 2 Hip Hop, reserves the right to modify a contest at any time. Sponsor and According 2 Hip Hop and its affiliates are not responsible for: (a) lost, misdirected, late, or incomplete entries or for inaccurate entry information; (b) any operation or transmission error, theft, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or (c) damage to any computer or device resulting from downloading Contest materials. The authorized subscriber of the account used to enter a Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Terms & Conditions in the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account. No greater than the number of prizes stated on the Contest Landing Page will be awarded.
Miscellaneous. Each Contest is governed by the laws of the United States. By entering a Contest, you agree (for yourself and your heirs) that Sponsor, According 2 Hip Hop, and each of their respective affiliates and agents, and any entity involved in any aspect of the Contest (all aforementioned parties are collectively, the “Released Parties”) will have no liability, and will be held harmless from and against liability, loss, injury or damage to property or person, including death, and reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in the Contest, even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of any of the Released Parties.
You agree that decisions related to each Contest and all distribution of prizes are final. Each winner agrees that, by participating in a Contest, Sponsor, According 2 Hip Hop, and their respective affiliates may use the winner’s name in any manner and in any medium for its promotional purposes without additional compensation, including posting in a winner’s list, except where prohibited by law, and Sponsor, According 2 Hip Hop, and their respective affiliates may be required to disclose the winner’s address to state regulatory authorities.