Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

According2HipHopAccording2HipHop
0

NEWS

Mia X Shares Health Update Following Hospital Procedure

Image Source: Getty Images

Videos by According2HipHop

Mia X took to Instagram to update fans on her health after sharing a photo from the hospital.

The New Orleans rap legend revealed that she had not been feeling well for some time, including during her recent Verzuz appearance. She said she had been visiting specialists, struggling to eat, losing weight and feeling weak while performing.

Mia X explained that doctors discovered some abnormalities and that she recently underwent a robotic bronchoscopy. Her test results are expected next week.

“God is the greatest,” she wrote while thanking supporters for their prayers, love and well wishes. Mia X added that she is remaining optimistic and “claiming great news” as she awaits the results.

Mia X & Master P

What should’ve been a full-circle moment for No Limit fans at this year’s Essence Fest took an unexpected turn after Mia X backed out of Master P’s highly touted “farewell” performance at the last minute.

Despite being listed as a featured act on Essence’s official flyers as early as May 20, the New Orleans rap legend revealed on Instagram late Sunday (June 30) that she would not be hitting the Superdome stage this weekend.

“It’s still unbelievable that I’m actually saying this,” she wrote. “I will NOT be performing at Essence Fest as a featured artist in Master P’s set.”

According to Mia, talks about her actual involvement didn’t start until just last week. This was well after promo materials had already been circulating with her name. In her statement, she said Master P’s team initially “dismissed” her performance fee altogether. She also didn’t receive a contract or deposit until June 27, just days before the show.

“I felt disrespected because the show had been booked for many months, and I had been advertised as a featured artist,” she explained. “No schedule in place for rehearsals, no contract, no deposit, and the fear of a repeat of 2018.”

Mia also pointed out that the financial disrespect stung even more given Essence’s budget.

I was insulted by the dismissal of my fair fee considering Essence pay big. I felt like once again, no matter who’s saying protect and respect Black women. They always sell us out to the boys club.”

In an earlier interview with Fox 8, Master P had already hinted that Mia’s participation wasn’t guaranteed. “She’s the queen of the South,” he said. “I’m telling her, she don’t need to perform, but if she wants to perform, she can. But I really want to give her her flowers.”

After Mia went public, Master P followed up with a short response.

“I don’t know where the miscommunication came from, but Mia X can get whatever she wants from me. This a Master P celebration! Mia can perform or don’t have to.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

NEWS

Khadiyah “KD” Lewis former reality star from the hit program Love & Hip-Hop has passed away. Videos by According2HipHop Khadiyah Lewis Dead at 44...

NEWS

Videos by According2HipHop Sean “Diddy” Combs has faced a string of legal and reputational setbacks since 2023, but he’s recently notched a minor victory...

NEWS

The drama between Megan Thee Stallion and Tory Lanez is far from over.  Videos by According2HipHop More than two years after Tory Lanez was...

NEWS

Videos by According2HipHop It has been nearly a year since Kendrick Lamar shook up the rap industry with the release of his hit song...