Videos by According2HipHop
DJ Vlad is setting the record straight after his recent viral tweet alleging that Jay-Z and Roc Nation were paying people off sparked widespread controversy and conspiracy theories online. According to Vlad, the entire post was intentionally fabricated as a social experiment.
In a follow-up statement, Vlad revealed that the original tweet—which generated more than 14 million impressions—was never meant to be taken seriously. “Everything in this post was made up. I was never paid by Roc Nation, nor was Jay-Z involved in any of these outlandish things,” Vlad explained. He said the purpose of the post was to demonstrate how quickly people will believe false information if it aligns with their existing conspiracy theories.
Vlad added that neither Jay-Z nor anyone from Roc Nation contacted him about the tweet, noting that they likely recognized it as satire. However, he did confirm that Tory Lanez’s legal team reached out to him to determine whether any of the claims were factual. Vlad told them directly that the post was entirely sarcastic.
Despite previously stating his belief that Tory Lanez was responsible for shooting Megan Thee Stallion, Vlad expressed a change in perspective regarding Tory’s current situation. He said he feels the Canadian artist has “paid his debt to society” and hopes he receives an early release, especially as his legal team continues pursuing relief through filings in State Supreme and Superior Courts.
The situation highlights the growing influence of viral misinformation in the social media era, as Vlad’s experiment demonstrated just how quickly fabricated claims can spread when they reinforce existing.
I tried to make this post as ridiculous as possible, but after 14 million impressions, it seems like millions of people still think that I was serious. I was not.
— DJ Vlad (@djvlad) February 19, 2026
Everything in this post was made up. I was never paid by Roc Nation, nor was Jay-Z involved in any of these…










